Facial Stretch Therapy is a modified proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PnF) based client assisted flexibility systems. FST combines innovative, passive, active and assisted mobility and stretching movement patterns. Therapists use hands on direct techniques on a table with stabilization straps to assess and remove restrictions to movement within joints, muscles, fascia and the nervous system.
What is Fascia?
Fascia is this magical web sheathing which covers and links every part of our body, from our internal organs to our big toes. It is seamless, flowing from top to bottom as well as spiralling around our muscles. When fascia is relaxed our body can move freely the way it is supposed to, BUT when that fascia is tight our movement is severely restricted, sometimes even painful. Fascia is so much more than movement, it holds our emotions. Have you ever had that feeling of your skin being super tight & no matter how much you stretch or roll, it just won’t release or relax? That’s your fascia responding to your stressed lifestyle. We can help you and your body relax. It’s like putting on your comfy clothes but its your body, allowing it to move freely of restriction & pain.
What makes FST different?
There are 10 elements that makes FST different to any other modality out there:
- Synchronize your breathing with your movements
- Tune nervous system to current needs
- Follow a logical order
- Range of motion gains without pain
- Stretch neuromyofasciae, not just muscle
- Use multiple planes of movement
- Target the entire joint
- Get maximal lengthening with traction
- Facilitate body reflexes for optimal results
- Stretching is adjusted to current goals
- Full body therapy
- Trigger point release
- Balances fascial chains to achieve normal levels of elastic-stiffness
- Decrease Mental Stress
- Improved sleep, digestion, energy
- Increased Range of Motion
- Increased Strength
- Improve Balance
- Pain Management
- Improve Posture
- Correct Structural imbalances i.e. leg length discrepancies