Yoga for Lazy People
The unique healing system of Thai Yoga Massage, also called ‘Nuad Boran’, is where the practitioner guides the client through a series of yoga postures, while palming and thumbing along the body’s energy (‘Sen’) lines and pressure points. Together these actions result in a comprehensive full body treatment that relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and balances the body. Thai massage works off the belief that tightened muscles lead to the diminished flow of energy in your body. When energy can’t flow freely, you become inflexible, suffer pain and feel stiff. Overtime, this leads to shortened muscles and connective tissue that affects your posture, immunity and organ function — all of which speed up aging.
Thai Yoga Massage is performed on a lowered massage table. Some traditional massage techniques, such as acupressure, compression and joint mobilization, are also used, but no lotions or oils are applied and both client and practitioner are dressed in comfortable clothing allowing a deeper ease of movement and flexibility.
Benefits of Thai Massage:
- Decreases pain and muscle spasms through increased movement
- Improves posture, balance while correcting body alignments and energy blockages
- Reduces chronic stress, tension and strengthens joints
- Increases flexibility in joints, aiding in easier mobility and movement
- Relieves pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles
- Helps tone the body, increase blood circulation, lowers blood pressure and rapid breathing