We are pleased to share the Government of Alberta’s announcement on December 22nd that massage treatments can resume in our clinic. Thank you for your patience as are working diligently to put the new procedures in place and preparing to accept massage appointments after the holidays.
The new requirements as per the Chief Medical Officer of Health directions:
- All clients must have either a written prescription from a Medical Doctor or a written referral from a regulated health professional
- An existing written prescription is only valid if issued within the last 12 months
- An existing written referral is only valid if issued within the last 12 months
- A copy of the original written prescription or written referral is acceptable
- The written prescription or referral must be provided prior to receiving treatment
- A copy of the written prescription or written referral must be kept on the client’s file
We are continuing to offer Chiropractic care, Physiotherapy and Acupuncture during this time in accordance with AHS and our Associations.
If you are feeling unwell, been in close contact with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19, or travelled outside of the country, we ask you call to reschedule your appointment.
Please note, if you have participated in the COVID-19 Rapid Testing Pilot Program at the Calgary International Airport, you must wait the full 14-day isolation prior to coming in for an appointment, regardless of a negative test as required by our Associations.
For your appointment, we respectfully ask our patients to:
- Please complete the COVID-19 self-assessment on the day of your appointment
- Please arrive at your appointment time and move into the reception area; keeping our entrance clear to allow for social distancing
- Wear a mask while you are in the clinic including treatment rooms; a mandatory requirement by our associations and the City of Calgary Bylaw
- Wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer when you arrive
- Use contactless payment when possible
- Place all of your personal belongings in the sanitized bin provided in the treatment room
What you can expect from us:
- Daily COVID-19 screening and temperature checks of all therapists and staff
- Disinfecting of treatment rooms after each patient
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of the clinic throughout the day
- Wearing PPE including masks and aprons (RMTS)
The health and safety of our patients, staff and community has always been and will continue to be our greatest priority. We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding.
-The Back & Body Health Team